As the LEX is a publically available website it is vital that you have a good password to protect not only access to your own information but that of others in 15 New Bridge Street.
Changing your LEX password is a very simple process which we outline here.
Before changing your LEX password please make sure:
- You have an Internet connection.
- You have chosen a password (the password must be at least 6 characters and ideally a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and include characters such as $,# etc.
After logging into LEX:
- Click the Start Menu button.
- From the menu, click "User"
Your LEX User Profile will should now be open.
- Click the Options button.
- Click the Change Password button.
Make sure you have your new password ready.
- Click in the "Old Password" box and type your old password.
- Press TAB or click in the "New Password" box and type your new password.
Note: As you type your new password an assessment of how secure it is will be shown. Remember to include some numbers, upper/lowercase letters and other characters to improve its rating and award yourself a housepoint if you get 100%.
- Press TAB again or click in the "Confirm New Password" box and type your new password again.
- Click the Save button.
If the password does not meet the requirements (e.g. less than 6 characters), a note will appear to advise you of the problem.