The following provide instructions on how to install the Chambers network printers on your Apple Mac computer. The process of installing the printer does vary depending on what kind of version of Mac OS X - the instructions below are for Mac OS X 10.7. If you have an earlier version of Mac OS X, there may be some slight variations.
As part of the setup process you will need to have the "driver" for the printer to ready. A printer driver translates what you want your computer to print into something the printer can understand and different printers need different printer drivers. So before you can set up the connection to the printer you will need to download the printer driver using the following link:
Once downloaded the driver then needs to be installed as follows:
- Download the driver by clicking the link above.
- Double-click the downloaded file (in the Downloads area for your Web Browser).
- A Xerox WorkCentre Pro installation disk will appear on the desktop, double-click the installation disk.
- A new window will appear, double-click the "WorkCentre Pro..." icon.
- At the prompt to install, click Continue.
- At the "Install WorkCentre Pro Installer" screen, click Continue.
- Keep clicking Continue as it appears and then the Agree button when it appears.
- Next click the Install button.
- Enter your Mac password.
- The driver installation will be begin and should only take a few moments.
- Once completed, click the Close button
- You are now ready to install the printers.
The following provides step by step instructions for setting up the printer with your Apple Mac computer. Be sure to read through the instructions beforehand so you are familiar with the process and also ensure you have installed the printer driver.
- Click System Preferences in the Dock.
- Click Print & Scan.
- Click the "+" button underneath the list of printers.
- As the Xerox printers do not support Bonjour, you will need to add whichever printer you want manually. Click on IP.
- Leave Protocol on 'Line Printer Daemon - LPD' (the default).
- In Address enter one of the following addresses -
For Basement 30 printer put - 126.96.36.199
For Top Floor 30 printer put - 188.8.131.52
For Basement 32 printer put - 184.108.40.206
- Leave Queue field blank.
- In Name, you can change it to something more descriptive if you like (or leave it as IP address - this field is just for your convenience).
- Leave Location as is.
- In "Print Using" click the box, choose Select Printer Software and scroll down and select "Xerox WorkCentre Pro 275". Click Ok.
- Click Add.
- Leave the Options as is and choose Continue.
- Once finished, the printer will be shown in the list and is now available for you to use.
If you are encountering a problem setting up the network printer there are a few things you can try:
Ensure you are connected to the Chambers network and not a public WiFi network.
Ensure you have downloaded AND installed the printer driver.
Restart your Mac and try again.
If you are still having difficulty setting up a network printer, please contact us for assistance.