One of the delights of dual screens is being able to view Excel spreadsheets or Word documents side by side to compare and edit.
But when you go to do this, you get both files sat on one screen only. What is going on?
By default Excel or Word will stack multiple files within the same 'copy' of the application so you can't view the second file separately to the first. What you need to do is -
- Close/save all open Excel spreadsheets (or Word if you are using that instead).
- Open up the first file only as normal.
- From the Taskbar/Start Menu click Excel (or Word) to open up another copy of the application (or use a desktop shortcut if you prefer).
- Drag the second, blank Excel/Word window over to your second screen (you may need to unmaximise it, drag it over and re-maximise it).
- In this second window, manually open the other file from your recent documents (click File or the Office button at top left).
- You should now have them both side to side.